View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
At the moment yes but they have to get a main contractor very very soon if this is to not go on hold. The work that is being done now is normally done by the main contractor but not this time for some reason. Maybe Swissboring (the piling contractor) will just finish digging to reveal the pile caps, or they might go further and prepare the site for the foundation slab. I doubt they will actually pour the slab though since this would have been mentioned in news articles which talked about the 250 piles.
Maybe a main contractor has actually been selected and we know nothing about it. I really doubt this though. What's really strange is that there has been no mention whatsoever about even looking for a main contractor, yet progress so far has been really good. Compare that to burj al alam where nothing is being done on the foundation but there is an article every month about finding a main contractor.
oh ok, not too bad i guess. this will be an awesome project tho. but thanks for answering my question, appreciate it mate!