View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 15, 2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Littlest Hobo, Odyssey and Danger Bay were my favorites by far as a kid growing up.
If you go over to IMDB you can see that the Littlest Hobo was very popular (here and abroad) as was it's theme song. I'm old enough to remember the original LH (shot in colour and broadcast in black and white) and its theme.

By the time the remake started I was in the biz and was critical of the colour videotape recordings and stilted acting but to a child that wouldn't detract from the show.

A show I've started to watch again and find interesting is Max Glick, a CBC show from the early 90s. It's kinda like a version of the Wonder Years with a 60s Jewish kid from Manitoba.

I've linked to the Encore + channel on Youtube where all the hyperlinked programs above can be found.

Also there are some early Street Legals with that fantastic intro theme by David Wilcox. And speaking of Corner Gas which started all this, you can see a much younger Eric Peterson on Street Legal which they alluded to on an episode of Corner Gas and also a mention of the Beachcombers as best Canadian TV show of all time for our friend who never heard of it