View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 3, 2013, 3:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albany NY View Post
I know I'm just a New Yorker, but I have been following the "mystery" of Monkey Island's location on these pages for quite a long time. Countless sources list 3300 Cahuenga as the address, including period advertisements.

laist.com

Also, HistoricAerials.com clearly shows the remains of Monkey Island at 3300 Cahuenga Boulevard as being still there in 1948, including high walls to keep the varmints inside, the "mountain," the restaurant and admissions buildings, parking lots, etc.

historicaerials.com

In the 1972 aerial, you can see Monkey Island has been replaced by a park.

historicaerials.com

In the 2003 aerial you see the same park, which today we know as El Paseo de Cahuenga Park.

historicaerials.com

So I guess my question is....why am I the only one that can find it? Or am I missing something? I think the most definitive proof is the ad from the 1930's listing the exact address. I love a good mystery, but golly gee, can't we put this one to monkey bed?
We did find it earlier. It's just that the subject came and went haphazardly and with the search not so great, some people caught the posts where we fleshed it out, and some people didn't. That's a nice aerial progression, though.