View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 10:36 PM

Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Excellent set! Thank you for sharing! A few years back my father was working up in Fort Bragg and I went out to visit him once... took a trip down the coast one day while he was working and Mendocino was definitely one of the highlights for me. It felt like no place I had ever been before... it was as if you had just stepped out of a time machine. Had a beautiful lunch at a place called Cafe Beaujolais too.
Well what a co-inky-dinky, that's where we had dinner our first night. Our dinner was delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Nice tour! Hope you enjoyed your stay. Mendocino is a great weekend getaway spot.
We did, and it does indeed. It was nice actually staying there too; we'd only been to Mendocino once before, many years ago, and it was only as a day trip from San Francisco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
Gorgeous. Was just up there two weeks ago, but we stayed a bit further north in Eureka. We had lunch in Ft Bragg on the way back down at a good Italian place that I cannot remember the name of. Did you make it over to the glass beach?

We spent a day in Ferndale too. The Victorian catalog of commercial and residential buildings is stunning. Looking forward to your thread. I only got shots of the Main Street and then we went out to the beach.
We did not make it over to Glass Beach; we spent a lot of time at Russian Gulch, and then after we had lunch in Fort Bragg, we wanted to make it up to Ferndale. Maybe another time; we liked the inn we stayed at, we wouldn't mind making it a semi-regular thing.

~ Charles Bukowski