View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 1:19 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
ah, ok. that makes a billion times more sense.

i was just like "how in the fuck does 600 sq. miles of corn farms produce a GDP of $35B!?!"

so chicagoland's $20B+ counties look like this:

Cook, IL $382.626 Billion
DuPage, IL $87.146 Billion
Lake, IL $64.208 Billion
Will, IL $28.042 Billion
Kane, IL $24.344 Billion
Lake, IN $21.821 Billion

it really shows the northern bias of the metro area. lake (IL) and will counties have roughly the same population (~700,000) and are at the opposite polar ends of chicagoland, but lake county comes in with a GDP 2.3x higher.

What's McHenry counties numbers if you have them off hand. I can't figure out a link to these numbers.

When I was much younger Winnebago county was almost twice as populated as McHenry was in the early 80's McHenry is in the 310 K range and Winnebago [ Rockford area ] seems stuck in the 275K populations for quite a long time.

I have many relatives that live in the greater Rockford area and as a kid when we had 4 TV channels I was amazed that Rockford had their own news station and local news reporting.

It was nothing like growing up in the sphere of Chicagoland watching TV back then. It was like we were almost in a different state.

But times are changing. Rockford calls their airport Chicago/Rockford now. Google maps show continuous build up north Machesney Park, Roscoe, and south from Beloit, to south Beloit, all the way to Janesville and an eastern jog to ward and very small geographic Boon county IL that has Belvidere.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4963.../data=!3m1!1e3

Last edited by bnk; Dec 14, 2018 at 1:42 AM.