View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 2:31 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Ugh. Some of the local Scottsdale residents trying to brew a fight over 10 story office buildings. It amazes me how the Phoenix Metro community still thinks 10 stories is "tall" in a day and age when new 1,000' + towers are commonplace all over the world even in smaller cities. Who cares if it this project would bring/keep 5,500 jobs in the area...10 floors is too tall for Scottsdale!

Nationwide, if you read this, here's a solution. The City of Phoenix is already building one office building on Block 23 and plans are to build another tower just one block over on the Colliers pad. Contact the City of Phoenix and form a new plan to move to Downtown. Block 23 can be expanded for additional height up to somewhere near 400' and I'm sure office space could be added to the Colliers/Hines development if someone where to sign-up for the additional space. If this is not a good fit, there are plenty of other vacant spots still left all over Downtown and Midtown for your develop needs including even Chase Tower in the near future! Just bring it to Downtown Phoenix! Problem solved! No residential fighting over land or height or traffic. And the Scottsdale nimby's get to keep their view of the 101! You guys could even have your own personal grocery story at ground level. Just bring it to Downtown!

OK, my rant's done. Sorry, the whole South LTR debacle still has me riled up, lol. Seriously, why is developments like this so hard to get to Downtown??
Good rant. I welcome this kind of NIMBYism in Scottsdale and north Phoenix if it sends more businesses to central locations.