View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
^I hope those interpretations turn out to be correct because I fear this project dies if that ballot measure is approved. It won't kill it directly, but it will mean this has to be approved at the polls, and I don't think that ends well for the Warriors.
I dunno. Multiple recent polls show that over 60% of SF residents are in favor of the arena getting built at pier 30/32. Of course there's still plenty of time for the NIMBY propaganda machine to go into overdrive and suck more supporters in, and there's the problem of most people not bothering to vote in SF (while the NIMBYs always vote)...but then there's also the whole thing about local voters restricting height limits on public/state waterfront land being potentially illegal--and again, over 60% of the city does support it as is. So I think there's a decent chance it will be built.

But maybe the Warriors will find a good spot in Oakland and end up building a new arena there instead of dealing with all this crap in SF. And now I'm having deja-vu...I swear i had a dream years ago where that exact thing happened.