View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2021, 2:09 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricron View Post
It's how the ports operate; with double container stack limitations at the port, non automation equipment to please the unions, and union contracts limiting regular and shift pay to 20 hours a day. Time and a half overtime pay required for the remaining 4 hours a day, whether or not they are working less than 8 hours per day and less than 40 hours per week. The backup delays are at the the ports themselves, they are just not keeping up loading and alighting containers to or from the ships.
I don't want to drag this thread sideways but I just want to know where you got this information scapegoating union dockworkers for the pandemic caused backups? I read the news and "this is caused by greedy/lazy unions" is not an explanation I see much... probably for good reason. Can we agree whatever the union work rules are on the ground it seems to have worked just fine before a global pandemic caused an unprecedented spike in goods imported paired with a worldwide labor shortage due to health and safety concerns?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding