View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2021, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
Homelessness. Seems like the city council in D.C. thinks that aggressive and mentally ill homeless with manic psychosis walking around and pushing tourists and shitting on the sidewalk is A-ok. Now there are homeless sleeping in Lafayette Square right in front of the White House. Great symbolism for the filthification of our cities.

D.C. spends millions on public parks that are promptly absorbed by the homeless population and locals fear going through them. See Franklin Park or the park in front of the World Bank. Farragut Square? Full of homeless. It's disgusting. And it wouldn't be a problem if they were chill, but many are extremely violent, screaming obscenities and banging their heads into walls.

I first stopped going to Chinatown because of safety. Now I've crossed off Dupont Circle and Georgetown. Where next?

I just worry the problem doesn't stay in D.C. proper and we don't start seeing a zombie invasion into Nova. Then my workplace AND my home will be impacted. No thanks.
I'm sorry to say that it will only progress further unless you have leadership that is aggressive in enacting laws to stop the nonsense.. You are describing west coast cities from 7 to 10 years ago basically