View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 26, 2013, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghYHZ View Post
Watching the CBC news last evening……saw an ad for Provincial Airlines Saab service linking Halifax-Charlo-Wabush-Schefferville. When did the flights begin? Details here:

https://www.provincialairlines.com/bookonline5.asp

At Halifax the flight uses the ESSO-Avitat facility not the Main Terminal.

Checking the web page for Charlo Airport……there's not a mention of the flight.....but nice to see them with service again.……they once had Eastern Provincial Boeing ‘737s routing: Montreal-Charlo-Chatham (Miramichi)-Montreal.
These flights started up last year I believe, with the intention of serving workers going to and from the mines in Labrador West and Schefferville. It is definitely a needed service.

PAL Info Sheet on Halifax-Charlo-Wabush-Schefferville Service

Eastern Provincial Airways (EPA) used to operate some really great and interesting routes in Atlantic Canada before they were bought out by Air Canada. For some reason I'm reminded of an old gauntlet flight offered by AC or EPA way back when. It started in Toronto and made 8 stops between there and St. John's. Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal-Saint John-Moncton-Halifax-Stephenville-Gander-St. John's I think it went. It was before my time, but there was old airline schedule on the wall of an office somewhere that has always stuck in my mind.