View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 15, 2020, 3:35 PM

There's plenty of money in this city anyway. Don't worry too much about the cost, they can easily afford it. Especially when municipal taxes have been low within Central Paris. Nothing to do with taxes that some impoverished suburbs have had to pay to sustain their municipal far-left policies.

They wouldn't even need any help from the national administration. The Île-de-France region might have to pay for some of the work, but I think it's worth it given the strategic significance of the ultra touristy area for our entire region.
It simply draws millions of tourists from all over the world every year, so yeah, it's worth the effort for us all over here.

In fact, my main concern is the disturbance due to the massive work that this plan would involve. People who live over the area, whether rich or not might say - oh my gosh, this will take years of messy construction all over my hood! No way!

If this thing was to actually be implemented, I guarantee some bad headaches to construction engineers who'll be required to not excessively disturb local dwellers.
It's going to be some tough mission for them. But it's exciting at the same time. When you're a passionate engineer, working on such a thing means a lot of fun and prestige.