Thread: Halifax Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Axed View Post
I agree the urban / suburban thing is somewhat subjective - there's a grey area for sure. But I really don't think a subdivision style residential-only area with a big mall in the middle is in that grey area.
I'll toss this in as my final word on the matter, for whatever anyone thinks it's worth (quite possibly nothing).

I think what got a lot of people's shorts in a knot was that I see that question (urban vs. suburban) as a clear matter of fact, while others see it as a matter of opinion. That's a distinction I have to draw every day in other things I do. And as we often hear, we're all entitled to our opinions, but not to our own facts. Anyway, I dug in my heels a bit not to be argumentative but simply because I was trying to defend what I saw as fact against a bunch of contrary opinion.

In this particular case I happened to have a long and close familiarity with the area, which, admittedly, made it a little personal and made me a little too strident. I'm not always that way, and I never intend to offend. But I do love a good argument, and I won't shy away from criticizing statements, as opposed to criticizing the people making them.

Anyway, welcome. I hope you'll stay.