View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 30, 2008, 5:14 PM
Closed account

I forget who said it on here, but someone mentioned that the newer, younger generations are moving back to the city and forgetting suburban sprawl.
Myself, my brother, most of my friends who are moving out of their parents' homes are moving into the city (both Hamilton and Toronto, unfortunately).

I think my generation, and those to follow, understand the need to save our planet. We understand the need to preserve greenspace (whether it be parks, conservation lands or farms). We understand that Public Transit IS a better option as most of the suburbs we grew up in are just as, if not more, congested as a city's centre. Not to mention the fact that some developments completely mess up the current, functioning system already in place (ie: look what they did to Upper Stoney Creek! It's SUCH a mess now!)

Give the city 10-15 years. If we haven't already imploded, we'll have a fresh bach a PROGRESSIVE thinkers on council, on city staff, and all across the city in general.

It's unfortunate that we currently have politicians wasting OUR money on expanding (what used to be) rural roads into highways, building overpasses to big box plazas, and Highways to nowhere.

BUT BE PATIENT... the tide has yet to turn in this city. Just wait and see, 10-15 years, people will be laughing at this current coucil we have and it's rediculous decisions much like WE all laugh at (former Mayor) Jack MacDonald for thinking that the trees in Gore Park were "too old"... so he cut them down... as we all know. Then he tries to start a campaign to name the newly-built highway HE OPPOSED after himself. What a fool.