View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 29, 2008, 10:51 PM
On Guard For Thee

Tecumseh, Ontario. I am in a suburban/subdivision type area, but close enough to an arterial road that there is a Tim's that closeby. Hoofing it another 5 minutes beyond that yields an A&P, Shoppers and other services. I find it just as easy to walk to be honest, than it is to fire up my truck and drive--takes just as long. I can't really say I do it for altruistic reasons--it's just what makes sense.

Yeah the dude--Greensville-area--did I share that previously or was that just an insanely good guess? Either way, I won't argue with you on one point--Highland Hills. Given that I went to high school nearby to there, I can attest to the fact that that area was built at the absolute nadir of quality and thought when it came to suburban dwellings--I knew someone in that area and the house was awful. The older subdivisions (University Gardens) and the newer (Pleasant Valley) were far-and-away better than Highland Hills.

Frankly I think Dundas is a great example of a place where urban-style living and suburban developments co-exist really well...Highland Hills aside.