View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
Almost nobody from Fall River/Waverley and beyond would use the Burnside Expressway because of the 118. It's hard to justify a long detour when you have a straight 100km/h expressway with easy access to both bridges and three exits to Burnside.
Your other points are good but this is non sequitur. I was not talking about people going to Waverly or Fall River but rather traffic heading from Halifax on the 102 going to Bedford. That no-merge exit onto the Bedford Highway is lethal.

Quote:
I get off on Highway 101 take the Sackville Drive exit, left onto Old Sackville, right onto Twelve Mile, right onto Sackville and straight onto the Bypass to avoid the Sunnyside traffic congestion. In the evening rush if I'm going from Sackville or Hammonds Plains to a family member's house in East Bedford I'll do that loop, go down the Bypass to the ammunition depot and turn around and head up to Dartmouth Road. The merge onto Magazine Hill at rush hour is suicidal and often involves waiting until a heavy vehicle clogs up traffic (which leaves a gap in front of them). In rare cases a slow-moving vehicle will pass the heavy vehicle and you get both lanes free to get to the poorly designed Dartmouth Road interchange.
Such a convoluted route! Indicative of our poorly-designed road network that has been given zero attention over the years in this area. No wonder traffic is so bad.