View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 8:14 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Oh please, we're still talking about this? You still don't get it, but I'm not even gonna argue it, because it doesn't matter. Most people will understand what new airport means. They're building a new 270 Park Avenue, replacing the old one. Of course, they'll be using the existing foundation, but it's still a new building. But ok, I'll throw the people a bone if it hurts that much. It's the first new airport in 3 days! Good. Now everybody relax.
So you don't think it's important for government agencies to be truthful and do basic fact-checking?

I love the new LGA terminal and I agree it is much-needed (except for the harebrained AirTrain)... this is not meant as a dig at the project but at Cuomo and other blowhard politicians who'd rather pat themselves on the back than work on the actual issues. I will also point out that the dysfunction of the OLD LaGuardia was only partly about the buildings, with just as much or more blame to the incompetent and/or corrupt management that let the place crumble, sweetheart contracts to concessions, janitorial, etc. Coming from Chicago, I know all the tricks... If those issues aren't addressed then in 30 years folks will be complaining about the "new" terminals.

Last edited by ardecila; Jun 23, 2020 at 8:28 PM.