View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2010, 4:31 AM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ The more I think about it, I do have one concern.

That site is huge!

There is no way the parking will be below or above the store. I'm guessing Target will go for a store more like their one on Peterson--parking on the side, but "covered".

It certainly is far better than a suburban design, but a part of me doesn't think the Peterson design is appropriate for the West Loop. That site is so large that it would be nice to at least save some of the land for future residential development. WLCO could always pressure them, but as I've mentioned before, I don't have a lot of faith in that organization...
yeah i was thinking that too. it would be nice if the Target would be part of a large mixed use development that included other commercial space and condos/rental units. A site so close to the expressway as well as the Blue Line (both the Racine and UIC-Halsted stops are very convenient to the site) should demand a nice & tall highrise. but we all know the hissy fit WLCO would throw if that were proposed. The neighborhood is only what? 8 blocks from the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere? God forbid something taller than 8 floors gets built there!