View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 6:57 PM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitty View Post
I'm trying to figure out why, after so many years of construction, they would demolish and rebuild the entire northeast corner of the complex?

Did the Warriors really not have this project in mind when building the original complex? Did they perhaps not add the hotel and condos originally in order to avoid having to deal with San Francisco's byzantine permitting process and expedite just the arena portion? Was the this hotel/condo something that really didn't pencil out initially with the rest of the project? Was it financing?

I'm just really interested in why this would be built in such an inefficient way as compared to the incredible efficiency at which the rest of the complex was built. Why would they choose to tear down a large portion of a brand new complex instead of just building this in from the beginning?

San Francisco development is so... interesting.
It is not being demolished, just built on top of. The money people who own this site and are building a new hotel are going to make even more money off of this hotel. I don't know if it is 'inefficient', seems pretty efficient to have 20% of your hotel built before construction starts. I don't remember any plans for a hotel when this project was announced, it just seems like an idea that came later.