View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
I honestly don't know how I'd cope with winter if it wasn't for basketball. Anticipating and watching Raptors games is one of the only things that keeps me going.

Fun game tonight against Brooklyn. Damn it, the Raps get absolutely no respect, what with all the talk of how wide open things are, how the movement of various superstars have realigned the league. People seem to be downplaying or forgetting the fact that Toronto won a ton of games without Kawhi in the lineup.

Though I gotta say, having watched snippets of various preseason games, there really is something special in the air this year. There's no clear frontrunner, lots of teams look really different, and it feels like everything is up for grabs.

Dallas looks legit. Luka Doncic is a wonderkid who is already doing great things with Porzingis. Houston could either be stratospherically great with the addition of Westbrook, or the experiment won't work (undoubtedly they'll flameout in the playoffs either way). The Lakers and Clippers will be really good, and the 76ers and Bucks will probably end up in the Eastern Conference finals against each other, I figure.

But you know who's totally living up to the hype so far? Zion Williamson, the flying bulldozer. He's gotta be the most exciting rookie to come into the league in years. I can't wait to see how he matches up against the better players in the league.
I hope Zion's knees hold up. Big body and so incredibly athletic, a very creative finisher at the rim, and certainly will be fun to watch.

Raptors really do look good, and could easily see them in the second round or even conference finals in the weak east. Miami is one team that I am very interested in after watching a few of their games. Very versatile team that should be able to defend any type of line up well.