View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 5:47 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I think that's a very long way off, if ever.

At the moment about 5% of Canadians are of Chinese origin and about 4% are of Indian origin.

Of the 275,000 immigrants we receive annually less than 10% or about 20,000 are from China, and about 40,000 or just under 15% are from India.

Even if those numbers were to double (to 40,000 Chinese annually, and 80,000 Indians annually) it would take decades for them to become the majority (if ever) given that the population of other groups continues to increase as well.
I think our immigration composition will change significantly in the years to come. For example, I see immigration from China leveling off and declining, immigration from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and the smaller countries of the Indian subcontinent rising, immigration from Latin America leveling off, immigration from Europe falling, and immigration from the Middle East and especially, Africa, rising substantially.

100 million by 2100? Highly doubtful. I think we are already seeing a considerable backlash against our immigration intake levels. I would like to see net immigration levels increase to about 400,000 per year for the next decade or so, to offset our aging population. Birthrates are unlikely to rise much in the near future.