View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 6:59 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
We have a mask mandate too which requires that we put on our masks to go check the mail or go to the garbage room or to the car. Generally with 0 other people around. Outdoor masking is probably 50/50. The other day I was outside for a jog and a woman who was maybe 8 feet away from me walked into a bush and faced away as I went by (there used to be a guy who would warily eye people on a giant wooded path about ~50 feet away and hold a cloth mask up to his face as others walked by but I haven't seen him lately; RIP mask guy, you should have held up a stack of 10 N95s). I have older relatives living in houses and for them there are no masks required to do a lot of their day to day stuff. It is much less annoying to visit them than to be home.

My friends are still having covid "scares" at work (they had to work in person through the pandemic including when vaccinated, so did my partner.. actually they were lower down the vaccination list than older work from home/retired people). I try to explain to them that there is a 99.999999...9% chance of people coming into their busy public workplace with omicron but I'm not sure they really understand the implications.

The covid fatality rate in my province last week was 0.7 per million per day and cases already peaked here (omicron was here in early December for sure and probably November). The week before was 0.3 per million per day.

So retarded. I have no words....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q