View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 31, 2010, 6:46 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground100 View Post
I remember one of my friends showing me that over a year ago. Apparently, the "Swastika Gardens" is on the property of Martin Weiche. He was a member of the Hitler Youth and fought for Nazi Germany in WWII. Since coming to Canada 60 years ago, he has ran in federal elections in which most of them he won less than 0.5% of the vote and influence neo-Nazi political organizations. He also tried to get the city of London to observe European Heritage Day.
My grandfather is German and was in the Hitler Youth for a brief period. His family was part of a group of Germans in the Baltic states who were fleeing towards Germany away from the Russians and they were very poor. After the war he immigrated here as a Displaced Person I believe. Unlike this asshole he realized that the stuff he was taught as a kid was all B.S. and left it behind him to start a new life. Obviously the things that his people did during the war were atrocious, and I think there is a general sentiment of shame among all of them. But then theres this guy who gives people like my grandfather a bad name.