View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 5:25 PM
Space Magi

I was looking at buying a house a few weeks ago in South Salt Lake or Millcreek and it was unreal how fast the homes were being listed and sold at prices that are double or more what they were 5-8 years ago. It seems to me that SLC and all of the Wasatch Front from Logan to Payson is having a historic boom.

It's been a precipitous increase in demand to say the least. One little tidbit I was just reading yesterday about Ogden is indicative of the general trend:
Quote:
According to city planning commission documents, there have been more than 1,500 apartment units considered by the city planning staff just since 2019. Though not all of those units have been approved for final build, the number represents a significant increase from two years ago in 2018, when only 122 new apartment units were approved by the city.
SLC is benefiting too, at least from an urban perspective. It's possible that we will have four or more new buildings in our top 5 tallest buildings in the next five years, barring a market crash or something. The amount of infill development happening is staggering too.