View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L View Post
As a Houstonian I will chime in and say that I can think of many times that the city has been cold in the fall or spring, including September or May. I can also think of times the city has been cold at night during the summer.

COLD at night in Summer? Really?

Not "coolish." Not "bearable." Not "relatively cool" for that time of year. Not even just "unusually pleasant" for a summer night. Key word "unusually." You said "COLD."

Not before or after a big thunderstorm?

Again, you're saying "COLD." You can think of MANY times it's been COLD in summer at night? You used the word "COLD."

Really? Many times? How many? Five times in 40 years? I wouldn't even believe that many. Nothing but anecdotal exceptions which prove the rule.

It is exceptionally rare for there to be cool weather after late May. We're talking cool, now, not just pleasant. "Sweater weather" after mid-May. Cold weather in the latter half of May would be absolutely remarkable (and maybe a sign of climate disruption).

I'm old enough to remember when the worst of the summer heat would be over by about September 20th. Not anymore. There may be cool (or even cold) fronts that cool things off for a number of days but then the heat and humidity come right back. The third week of October seems to be when lasting relief from summer finally arrives now.

Last edited by bilbao58; Jun 17, 2020 at 6:05 PM.