View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 3:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybrain View Post
I'm not gonna weigh in on if it's ridiculous or not (or if there are too many viewplanes or not, 'cause I haven't really looked at the issue) but since the city inclines steeply from the harbour, that's just what the max height has to be at this location, near the top of downtown. Otherwise views protection would be meaningless.

But wasn't there a bunch of discussion about the height earlier? I suspected it'd get chopped down, but I also thought there'd be a big fight over it that would delay the project--too bad to lose some units, but good to see it going ahead with minimal fuss.
The previous version of this proposal didn't encroach upon any viewplanes. This reduction of height is senseless. The old rendering could have actually been taller because the building's full height didn't reach the Citadel ramparts -- as much of the downtown currently does.

The Maritime Centre is already "in the way". Are we trying to protect the view of it, now?

Halifax acts as though it has so much downtown density to spare.... fuck. Unbelievably stupid.