Thread: My Los Ángeles
View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2023, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
I don’t visit Burbank too often either, I much prefer Glendale but the wife likes Burbank so we go sometimes, she also like Universal City Walk and I hate that place. Don’t get me wrong Burbank seems like a nice place to live, but to hang out it feels too Hollywood corporate and the same generic places to eat as anywhere USA. Yet I haven’t been to Castaways and would love to dine there one day, I’ve seen the photos and the views are beautiful.
Burbank does seem like a nice place to live, and the area around the Castaways seems like a very desirable place to live (and the views from that place are indeed nice). I guess because I've long associated Burbank with the film and TV industry, you would think it would have a little more... I don't know... pizazz? It's funny because years ago, a coworker of mine said that he saw the musician Beck (of whom I'm a fan) at the AMC theaters in Burbank, which surprised me, because I couldn't imagine a guy like Beck going to see a movie in Burbank. Beck lived in Silver Lake at the time, I think, so I thought 'Well, I guess Burbank isn't TOO far from Silver Lake, if you want to go to a mainstream chain multiplex.'

~ Charles Bukowski