View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 5:33 PM

Youngstown Historic Home Renovations:

Because I can't list these on the main post of this thread since they are small projects, I decided I would make this post to highlight a couple historic renovations that have been done recently.

204 Broadway Street:
This house, built in 1907 is located on the corner of Broadway and Elm. Directly across the street from the house is Wick Park, which has gone through many recent improvement projects. Like most houses in the Wick Avenue Historic District, it had been used as a rental property for university students due to the neighborhood being within walking distance to YSU. Rob Pilloli, the owner of the house, decided to fix it up and make it into his own home. The house once belonged to the wealthy Stambaugh family but had been in a state of disarray for several decades. Click here for pre-renovation photos.

260 Tod Lane:
This north-side 15 room mansion recently sold for $73,000, and there are plans to renovate it. It was purchased by two locals from the North Heights neighborhood. Renovations are estimated to cost around $80,000. It was built in 1918 by the Wick Family.

1012 Bryson Street:
Located in the Wick Park Historic District, this 105 year old home was purchased for $8,500 by Rachel and Joe Parent. They have since invested $30,000 into the house. Click here for pre-renovation photos.

I will make more posts periodically on home renovations in the area.

Examples of Endangered Historic Structures in Youngstown:
38 Illinois Avenue:

Parkway Tower:

Uptown Theater:

245 North Heights Avenue:

236 North Heights Avenue: