View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 9:50 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

This is in regards to some of the comments on the Zoo. The Zoo is not going to be moved any time soon. A few years back they were considering the idea of relocating the Zoo to Wheelers Farm. They ultimately decided to rebuild the Zoo in its current location. They are about 95% of the way through the process. The only two areas that still need to be rebuilt are the Small Animals Building and the Great Apes area. The Hogle Zoo use to be a laughing stock, but it has become a night and day difference during the reconstruction. I like where the zoo is currently located and would like to see it expand once what is there has been completely rebuilt.

As for the Public Transpertation Issues as they relate to the Zoo... It’s actually quite rediculous. UTA make a stop at This Is The Place at limited times during the day. If you don’t make one of those times you will have to walk a good mile while the bus sits at its last stop (running) for 30 minutes, instead of going to This is the place. I think its absolutly rediculous. There is no reason they cant make that last stop, especially if the driver is just sitting there. Furthermore they should actually make a stop directly in front of the zoo in addition to This is The Place. I have a season pass and take this bus rout a lot. the peopl at the stop are always there for the Zoo and no This is the Place... It’s not the end of the world but its kind of a long walk. If you want to take the bus to the zoo on Sunday its an extra special pain. You have to take Trax to 2100 south, then take a bus that gets you about 2 miles away... Seems like sunday took my close to 2 hours to get there. The normal week day rout takes about an hour. it take me 20 minutes to drive... So I just do that.

I got a hive pass for a month to test it out. I don’t mind it taking a little longer to get places... but it was taking me 2,3, even 4 times the amount of time to get where I wanted to go. Time is valuable. The hive pass also no longer include Frunt Runner, but does give you a discount. In the Month that I had the hive pass I came to the conclusion that our Transpertation System sucks.