View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 6:59 PM

I noticed this weekend that there was a Michaels cassion rig on the McDonalds site, they are probably going to start tomorrow if they aren't already working today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Chicago View Post
lots of infrastructure can take on its own beauty, even if it wasnt the original intention. look at the newfound appreciation of old water tanks as another good example, or remnants of cobblestone, or old railroad tracks still embedded in pavement in downtown neighborhoods, or obsolete lift bridges still kept around. does everything have to have such a purist standpoint?

http://photo.jellyfields.com/image/1...dows-lines.jpg

and these sorts of little touches are things that enhance the visual texture of our city compared to more generic modern areas. theres actual history that has taken place here and you can see it for yourself.
I'm not agaisnt fire escapes in general, I just don't think they belong on the fronts of buildings. Like I said, I have one myself and you are right, it's a great place for the tenants to keep a couple of potted plants and a small bench. I like it because the tenants in one unit that it accesses smoke and they use it as their smoker's outpost keeping them from being tempted to do it inside or from sitting outside the front door annoying the other tenants.