View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 5:22 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciudad_del_norte View Post
It's not that Dal lacks history, but that history is not nearly as in-your-face as I thought it would be. I attended both schools, and Dal definitely has some cool buildings, but they always felt sufficiently interspersed with modern ones, or parking lots that it just didn't have that sort of grand old effect I thought it would have.
It's definitely a mix of old and new. Another issue is that the campus is quite large. A good half of it could be mistaken for part of the city when in fact they are university buildings. All those detached 1900s houses, for instance. I do think Dal is still in the process of filling in and the whole thing will feel more unified over time.

That said, Dal definitely has an air of establishment to it. You get the same feeling when you're at McGill or Western. Schools like Ryerson and Concordia don't have that.