View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
Let's agree to disagree, I guess. Though I just find it utterly bizarre that you would say that people in Chicago are anything like the people in Toronto, because it's almost an objective truth that Chicagoans are nothing like people in Toronto (or Canada, for that matter--not that New Yorkers are like people in Toronto either). The vibe, the ethos, the background, the social history, you name it, they're just completely different.

I'm speaking in broad generalities, while you seem to be talking about anecdotal experiences. We're not on the same wavelength.
I agree. Anyone that has ever been to Chicago knows that Chitown has a massive black population and this group has had a major impact on its culture. There is also a massive Mexican American population in Chicago and there has been for a while. Together, African AMericans and Hispanics make up more than half of the entire cities population. Most Black folks in Toronto live in the suburbs and are of recent immigrant background. That is not the case in Chicago. How anyone can say the vibe of the city similar is beyond me. The similarities are the towers and the lake thats it, thats where it stops.