View Single Post
Old Posted May 10, 2018, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investing In Chicago View Post
Cool...so you have no intelligent response.

I take it you've never been to Wrigley Field or the Lincoln Yards site or both...Stevie Wonder could see they are vastly different.
I feel like standing on my podium of transportation psychology but people always find a way. Kind of like the people that walk a mile to their cars who do decide to drive to see the cubs.

As part of the planning process for anything in this city, people get so hung up on the details of traffic, parking and transportation. Well traffic and lack of parking are inherent “problems” of dense urban areas. And the transportation bit can come later if it’s needed. The fact this facility will be embedded between two very populated areas means they’ll get quite a few people (including families) walking there. You also got bikeshare, buses and a not-so-far walk to the brown line. Perhaps some garages on-site for office workers can handle limited parking after hours for those that choose to drive.

I realize there’s no direct connections to the proposed stadium, but a 10-15 minute walk is something people can usually deal with. It’s at least a more pleasant walk than crossing acres of asphalt at most stadiums.