View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2024, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkharbour View Post
This is definitely visible in my experience, almost half my small residential street in SJ is now ex-Ontarians who moved to NB in the last 2-3 years, and virtually all of the job applicants for the last few positions we've advertised for at my office are all being sent from Ontario addresses. I can't blame them for looking at other options given the market in the GTA, and I love the expansion of our labour market to include those with more broad experiences outside of the region, but it definitely has a chilling effect on those who have been trying to work local salary levels to save up for home ownership.
Same (Moncton). The market has cooled from "surface of the sun" to "lava".
Every once in a while I check realtor.ca in my neighbourhood and see stuff that should have sold for 90-110K a few years back now in the 250-300K range. And all of my neighbours who have recently bought (3 on my block that I know of) are from Ontario.

It's ironic that I'm sitting on about 200k more house equity than 4 years ago but it doesn't mean a lot to me, considering my real plan was just to pay it off and live here for another decade or two. Just means more taxes.