View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 2:57 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavedParmesanCheese View Post
Unless you like trains, of course

I quite like the green strip, actually. The tree layer is thick enough that it should prevent most of the noise pollution, especially since the tracks are entrenched, and you can't go wrong with more parklands
Rail fan? I sometimes used to watch them from the foot bridge at Spring Gardens Rd. (when I lived in Burlington I'd often sit at Spencer Smith and watch the ships coming in and out of the harbour too; sometimes I'd walk right to the channel if I saw one coming in from the lake).

I think keeping it as a park would be the best idea too. Maybe widen the sidewalk into a proper multi-use pathway that would connect to the HHS campus. The city could even create another one heading north along Wellington (it's old but cleared industrial land... I'd like to see it used for something productive someday, but no reason a path can't be in the mix). They'd have to improve the sidewalk at Burlington St., but a connection right to Eastwood and then Pier 8 would make a really great looping trail system.