View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 19, 2013, 9:45 PM
3rd Coast King

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Question for you guys.. Somebody reached out to me after seeing some of my photos and wants me to teach her how to use a dSLR along with some general photography stuffs. She just got a Nikon D3100, I have D5000 experience but now shoot Canon, and doesn't seem to really know the whole shoot RAW / manual settings game. So I obviously know some basics: exposure triangle, how to post-process RAW, etc. So what I'm trying to ask is, if you were walking around your downtown urban environment, wherever you may be, and someone is following you and trying to learn from you, what would you say / show / do? I really want to be somewhat useful next weekend and make a good afternoon out of it. Thanks for your help in advance.
So, is she hot?

If this was a true ssp meet up you would show her how to take photos drunk. Maybe work on exposure and white balance. Focus is key too. You might start with some stuff on a tripod. If she does not have a tripod then show her how to go and buy one, a nice heavy one to prevent shake. No crappy flimsy tripod for a toy camera.

My Book

Last edited by diskojoe; Aug 19, 2013 at 10:20 PM.