View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 3, 2009, 3:28 AM
I just ran out of B***sht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
So, basically, you're saying that branches are okay when they feed into major residential and commercial corridors? Is that what you're saying?
In so many words yes. With more emphasis on the serving the commercial corridors than the residential. Once the main commercial corridors are served by the rail then the residential corridors can follow. But there is still a limit you don't want to have too many branches coming in from every where to serve the line. One, two, maybe three branches ok, any more we'll be talking about four track corridors.

Quote:
I know that the Crenshaw map you posted only shows various routing options. I'm talking about the Green Line having Lincoln and South Bay branches and wonder if that would mess with the headways.
No, I don't think it would mess with it because the headways would be split if an extension of the Green Line were to run to LAX all the Lincoln corridor would do is extend that. By the time Crenshaw Corridor comes online, there maybe a plan to just have the Crenshaw Corridor trains follow the El Segundo/South Bay leg (per the ridership analysis in the Crenshaw Corridor study) and the Green Line would simply run as a LAX/105 freeway/Lincoln Corridor route.

Last edited by Wright Concept; Jul 3, 2009 at 7:37 AM.