View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
Give us five years and we’ll have some major/interesting towers up and functional. 6x, The Republic, Google Sail, Indeed Tower. Not to mention all the infill that’s currently moving dirt.

It’s not a stretch to say we’ll be as iconic as any other city our size with what’s in the pipeline.
I'm inclined to agree with you. What sets those cities apart from Austin...IMO...are the signature office towers they have and we don't. At least not yet. What sets us apart from them...IMO is the wide spread, north to south, east to west of towers and the growing infill density. A bunch of cities seem to have their towers bunched together. Once we get more taller office towers...like Republic, our skyline WILL rival any city around our size. For me, our skyline extends from just south of the river to the UT campus area, and from just east of Mopac to I35 and just east of that. So in my eyes, our skyline is more spread out than a plethora of other cities and eventually will be big league. We'll be there in a few years. For the sake of avoiding any major conflict of facts and opinion, please note that this is just my personal opinion.