View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 2:27 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_alex View Post
Well that's kinda my point for this tower. Just wait until the others arrive, this won't really stick out at all. I'm hoping one will go big!

I had a lot of hope for Hudson Yards as well and we never got something like the Hudson Spire. Instead it's all ~1000 ft boxes, with 35 HY of course having an extra 300 ft of mechanical and amenities on top. Which is still great, just really had hope that Chase would do something massive for the NYC hq.

Well, the Chase tower will be massive. The overall size hasn't changed. But they were able to work around their predicament, and put more space at the lower floors, which is where they really needed it. It just makes more sense overall to put less people on lower floors, rather than trying to create elevator solutions to put more people higher.

But beyond that, we just barely have a new skyline icon that puts the "New York" back in the New York skyline, in One Vanderbilt. I don't want an overly boxy, blocky building ruining that. This one barely gets by, thanks to the north-south profile, and the crystal-like crown.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.