View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2009, 11:05 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog794 View Post
What about the area around the grain elevator?

Wanderers Grounds is a good spot, save for it being part of the commons, so long as we could find a new home for the Museum of Natural History (3 story modern building), and the Bengal Lancers. I can't remember if there is a tender to tear down the senior citizens centre on Sackville or not.

I've always felt though that area, with the nursery for the public gardens right there, would make a perfect spot for a botanical garden. We had one a while ago. (off topic sorry)
So that is the Museum of Natural History. I have been in there, many years ago. Yes you are right, Halifax should keep these buildings. Also if a concert is being held, the noise in the Public Gardens might not be appreciated (although, just out of interest, that area is sometimes used for free concerts using the side of the Citadel Hill as a natural stadium).

I will check the grain elevators location (are these still in use?). If the Salter Street development doesn't proceed then a stadium at that location might work, and since it is owned by the Port Authority, it might be available (I think they were planning to lease, not sell it, it for the Salter Street development).

We can rule out one more site (the Wanderers Grounds).