Thread: Halifax Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
I’m curious as to which chains our anti-Denny’s contingent would rather see coming to Halifax, or are you satisfied with the same old same old…
I’m not sure any chains will add much to our available experience. I remember when Applebee’s came some years ago and visiting a few times. It was shockingly bad food. I remember saying to those with me that it reminded me of airline food only worse, and that the majority of the kitchen equipment must have been microwaves used to heat what were surely frozen pre-made entrees sent from a central supplier. We had numerous burger chains cycle through over the years so we don’t need more of those. Olive Garden is not a place I’ve ever been to but I hear it is similar to the Applebee’s model. Red Lobster is struggling in the US. Outback seems past its prime. Most chains are either deep-fried disasters or some sort of variation of equally unhealthy fast food so they don’t appeal to me much. I would much rather find a local operation that makes tasty stuff, like a Tarek’s.