View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2018, 3:48 AM
Crane Goddess

I think that the plan is to reclad 2 Penn, giving it a drastic makeover, give One Penn a more modest facelift (I don't think they're planning to change its looks too much, just spiff it up some), and eventually connect the two buildings into one big complex.

Somebody in the comments section of an article I read suggested that Chase offer the owners of 277 Park Avenue a trade- I don't think 277 would be up for it, as that building is still owned by the family who built it (Stahl), and judging by how beautifully maintained it is, I think they're quite proud of it and intend to keep it around. (Personally, I also like 277, it makes a nice counterpart to 270, they look like a pinstriped couple facing each other across the avenue)

But I like the idea somebody else here offered, a variation on that building swap idea. Chase could make a trade with the owners of one of those early post war wedding cake buildings that others have mentioned, and build their new tower there instead. Somebody gets the keys to beautiful and recently refitted LEED Platinum skyscraper, Chase gets a new piece of property occupied by a smaller building which would probably cost a lot less to take down, 270 gets a new lease on life, and we get a new supertall to gush over, everybody wins. I'd be all for it.
"Prayers are fleeting and wars are forgotten, but what is built endures"
-Ambassador DeLenn, Babylon 5