View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 11:46 PM

The bill is signed and Wisconsin is Open For Business.....

MLG execs say Foxconn could turn region from Siberia into hot market

Quote:
“You have to include Foxconn in the discussion. That’s transformational. I think Foxconn will happen and I think the waves of positive impact from that will affect the entire region and probably the whole state. That’s going to be a massive game-changer."
Business Support For Foxconn Growing In Wisconsin

Quote:
Governor Scott Walker signed a $3 billion dollar incentive package for technology manufacturer Foxconn to build a plant in Wisconsin. And a new report shows there's broad support for the move from businesses in the state.
Gov. Walker Inks Foxconn Deal, Company Hopes to Break Ground Next Spring

Quote:
Walker laid out the next steps in the process. He said the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation board still needs to approve the deal; it’s scheduled to meet next Thursday. Then, the governor said Foxconn officials will be in Wisconsin a few days later to sign a contract with the state – and to announce exactly where the plant will be located. Walker said if all goes as planned, groundbreaking on the plant will take place next spring.
No public announcement, but lawmaker spills the beans on Foxconn location

Quote:
Monday Governor Scott Walker signed the Foxconn bill into law. There wasn't an announcement about the tech giants location, but State Representative Peter Barca told TODAY'S TMJ4 it's headed to Mount Pleasant.

"Off of highway H between Highway 11 and Braun Road," said Rep. Peter Barca, Kenosha.
So there it is, Foxconn will build its 20 million square foot facility in the suburban Milwaukee city of Mt. Pleasant. Hoping to break ground this spring. Man, this thing is going to be massive and it's only going to fuel the current industrial boom happening in the hot I-94 corridor between Milwaukee and Chicago. I will say, I'm happy they chose Racine over Kenosha as this puts Foxconn squarely in Metro Milwaukee and further away from Chicagoland's sphere of influence. So what is up next for Foxconn and Milwaukee? An office tower downtown? Naming rights on the new arena? The $1 billion Corning plant rumored to be following Foxconn? A rumored Madison-area Foxconn development? The rumored Foxconn-related development at Milwaukee's Mitchell International? Stay tuned. Fun times in Brew City.

On a separate but related note, tucked into the Foxconn bill was tax credits for Fiserv, the Brookfield based Fortune 500 company that is rumored to be making the move down I-94 into the city. Reed Street Yards in Walkers Point sounds like it is going to be its final landing point and that would be a HUGE win for downtown Milwaukee and the Walkers Point area.