View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 3, 2010, 4:17 PM

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, well the part of the road underneith the forum site is a bit of a stretch - but you Fenwick suggested the CFB windsor site - so my thought was combine them into a multi-use site.

That way; if the stadium your suggesting fit onto the CFB windsor site (or perhaps straddled Young Street and you could put the road under the stadium) - you'd have the existing parking lots for the forum to provide parking for the stadium (you wouldn't need to give up space at Windsor for parking).

What may have confused me slightly was the scale of the stadium - thinking what it could be at the end (because it would be pointless to devote land to a stadium that's expandable and then build it so tight on the parcel it couldn't expand). I'm just thinking that if CFB Windsor was a small parcel (it seems to me when it was suggested some felt it might be 'tight'); then if you partnered it with the forum site you could fit the stadium and have parking to boot. If the stadium fit completely on the CFB windsor site; then perhaps all that would be needed to tie the parking lots togther is a ped bridge over Young Street to the stadium.

I guess I wasn't clear about what I was trying to convey - I wasn't suggesting tearing the forum down for the sake of this stadium. But if you could somehow partner the two together - then you have existing parking facilities on the forum site already that could be used when the stadium was in operation. Without going back in the thread; I think we had come to an agreement this site would be good from the transportation connection perspective as well (along some major routes).

As to my comment on Young Street - what I was trying to convey was that if the Windsor site wasn't quite enough - then perhaps there is a way to build the stadium so that it is on both the CFB windsor site and part of the forum site (into the parking lot at the corner; not taking the forum down) and then put the road underneith. I was trying to convey that a road shouldn't be looked at as an obsticle if that was the only way to solve a space problem.

I'm all for a stadium; just trying to forsee some problems and come up with solutions.