View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 18, 2018, 5:58 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencourchene View Post
The lobby and main garage door is on gottingen street the address is 2300 gottingen street and the is a current garage door on Cunard street but that’s only there untill they build phase two of this development then there is a kind of a pause three to happen in the lot across the street next to the ymca where the only diamonds was he owns that lot to
I think the same owner owns both the former Diamonds site and the former enviro-depot site. At one point they were going to be Housing Trust of NS developments with at least some subsidized housing. Is this all one developer? Are the these all happening in phases and expected to follow one after the other? There isn't much public information about these projects, I guess because they are rentals and the first one happened as of right.

Either way this one looks quite nice. It's interesting to see the evolution of projects around the Gottingen area. They have come a long way since the early 2000's when there was barely any construction to speak of. If Gottingen gets 3 or 4 new projects like this I think it'll be pretty vibrant.

Like I said before, I think a natural evolution in the city is for Barrington and Spring Garden Road to get a bit more expensive and for many mom and pop or lower end stores in those areas to get displaced by larger businesses. Gottingen is a natural place for them to move to, and that's how things worked in the 1960's and earlier (minus most of today's SGR, which wasn't very big back then).