View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 17, 2013, 4:24 AM

Event Centre

The thing I do like Architects 4's idea because its affordable design, but some changes would be, one the plaza, I find its just really bland, it doesn't look like a place people would want to gather around, I would like to see some color, it could use maybe a restaurant area/bar facing the plaza, some more statues and art work. Two The street presence isn't attractive at all needs entrances form Main st.... actually I guess i'm not a fan of it , if we could just incorporate bits of each would be awesome.

Architecture 2000's is by far the best, I think that it would be affordable if it was done in phases ( except the rail ). The whole project wouldn't be exactly the same, change the transit hub to something similar to the go transit rail crossing in Pickering.

Bring that across to a redeveloped lot or parking garage/transit hub Codiac Transpo and it would look great. Basically my point it Architecture 2000's render is affordable especially if its tweaked a bit, but keeping the beautiful colours and art work like in the video.

Photo from the Pickering Go transit site.