View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingwedge View Post
There seems to have been a mixup in labeling the photos, because "5041 Felton Avenue" is actually 5021 W. 117th Street at Tahoe Avenue.

The second house is 5001 W. 119th Place at the NW corner of Felton Avenue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post

You beat me to it FW!

Here's 5021 W 117th Street, Hawthorne, not far from the house that Google suggested. The property websites give a build date of 1992, which is a year after the photographer's date.

GSV

Looking at Historic Aerials, the street was originally cut about four houses west when the freeway was built. The expansion work seen in e_r's picture made this the corner of the street, and this house appears to be a different shape compared to the one in the 1980 aerial, so maybe it was built around then. The neighboring houses were built in the '40s.

NB. GSV insists that this is Tahoe Avenue.
Thanks for sorting all that out you two. I was stumped.

Maybe you saw this already but here is how the photograph was labeled at Krull. (I noticed my link was broken in the first post)

and in LAMAG

As you can see, the "5021 Felton Avenue" address wasn't just a figment of my imagination.
_

update:

Oh man, I just looked at my original post again and I typed 5041 instead of 5021. I am so sorry.

now I understand what FW was trying to tell me. (although the address turned out to be an entirely different street as well )

not an excuse, but it's been subzero since I first mentioned the record setting MINUS -10....yesterday morning it was MINUS -18

Last edited by ethereal_reality; Jan 4, 2018 at 1:51 AM.