View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 31, 2009, 5:23 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi View Post
As you can see from the site plan, they are already accounting for that space by relocating Coventry Road entirely. I hope they are paying for this, not taxpayers. Parking will be a nightmare on that site, considering they are taking out the multi-level garage currently behind Sears, and proposing to build over the other two in the future
The portion of Coventry near the corner of St. Laurent Blvd. and Perkins appears to be remaining intact. Where the big changes are is in the area where there is that odd curve in the road and a sort of no man’s land towards the west, and then where the other curve is that goes towards the baseball stadium.

It also looks as though the mall’s footprint is expanding west towards the vacant land where the Cirque du Soleil had their big top last year, not too far from Elections Canada.

Bottom line is that people in North America are way too hung up on parking. If you’re living a largish, dense city, you’re not always going to be able to park right in front of the door of your every destination.

I am a lefty but if there is one thing I know that big businesses won’t do is shoot themselves in the foot. Morguard wouldn’t do this if there was any risk at all that more than enough customers to make the expanded mall viable could not have easy access to it.