View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2008, 7:18 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Yes enjo13, it's in your head. You don' ride buses because you think they're a big pain? You get on, you get off. You know the bus route. Same as a train. You get on, you get off, you know the train route...

Look, I'm not saying buses guide private investments as much as streetcars, bu honestly, a lot of the reasons to go streetcar over buses given here are pretty pathetic.

I like streetcars over buses in general, but it's due to passengers per hour numbers that I like them. The whole "sexiness" issue means little to nothing to me, and the issues enjo13 brought up are pretty much non-issues to me.

Personally, I've ridden buses in many cities. I've ridden subways, light rail, streetcars, and just about anything else. Is one form better than another? I personally like light rail better than anything else, but that's just me. I'll still ride buses anytime, I have no qualms about it. Maybe it's that I'm not an elitist?

Aaron (Glowrock)