View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 2:35 AM

I wasn't having an asthma attack, but today I ran into unhelpful Tim Hortons employees at the location I frequent in Kingston. The WiFi was down while I was trying to get online on my mobile phone and another customer also couldn't get online on his laptop, so I brought it to the attention of a team member. He just shrugged and smugly said "Nothing I can do about it." I believe he's a supervisor.

What does it take to either fix the problem, or ask another employee or manager if you don't know? I've been around enough IT people to know that WiFi problems can usually be fixed with a simple power cycle or reset on the router.

Between that and last week's incident in London, I'm not feeling very happy about supporting this Canadian company right now. Looks like Starbucks, McDonalds, and the local cafes are going to start getting more money from me. There was an article in one of the national papers last week about how Tim Hortons' sales are down nationally, and I think I'm seeing why. Selling panini sandwiches isn't going to win back customers.