View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laniroj View Post
If the City were smart, and I generally am skeptical that government is smart, they would have tied the neighborhood plan for River Mile to Pepsi Center's future. Why they aren't doing that is beyond me given Kroenke's past. He's moved a team before and he'll do it again just for money. The man is so greedy, he can't even figure out a deal with the big three cable providers so his fan base can watch their teams. The City should absolutely tie any future re/up-zonings of Kroenke owned land near Pepsi Center to long term financial status of Pepsi Center and our teams staying in Denver. The upzoning alone would likely satisy Kroenke, but the City is too dumb to make that connection...I am kinda worried to be honest. Maybe unwarranted, but the man has a terrible history and he will do what makes him the most money - he hasn't an altruistic thought whatsoever.
The Pepsi Center and Elitch's are two separate properties and ownership - notwithstanding KSE's minority share of Elitch's.

I would have a totally different opinion about KSE except for their stubbornness with cable providers. I suspect they're holding a losing poker hand here.

I don't want to demean St Louis by calling it a cesspool but they're not the best place for sports. Great Baseball town and Good Hockey town but the Rams were the 2nd football team to pack their bags. Kroenke did give St Louis the opportunity to substantially help fund improvements but nothing could be worked out. Admittedly Kroenke had already acquired the land in Inglewood which was large enough for a new stadium but it was good site for many things. Are you aware of any other teams that Kroenke has moved?

BTW, on a lark and going on ten years ago when I moved I cut the chord, initially as an experiment and haven't looked back. For the last eight years I've been free-streaming sports content on my desktop. For the avid Avalanche fans many have purchased a VPN (they're cheap) and located it in either Mexico City of somewhere in Europe, bought the NHL package for streaming and use an HDMI to link to their fancy tee vee monitor. If you're interested in free streaming let me know as it's changed a bit this year. Reddit which has hosted the sites for years ran into repeated copyright issues with the NBA and a sort of sub-reddit is being used for the NBA and NFL now. Hockey is still hosted by Reddit.